4/16/10

Snacks in Centeroo

Nick asks;
I wanted to know what you knew about bringing small snacks into centeroo. I remember when I went in 2006, I didnt really see anyone with snacks inside unless they were VIP. But this past year, I saw alot of people with things like granola bars, cheese crackers, and trail mix. I was just wondering if they have gotten more relaxed on that, or if those people just got lucky. I think it would be nice to have something small to eat while I'm waiting for hours by a stage for a band to come out.
Good question, it does seem that more people are bringing snacks in.  According to the actual Bonnaroo wesite;
No food or drinks – other than factory sealed water bottles and small snacks
So it does seem like it's OK.  Now what they (or more importantly the security checkers) think constitutes "small" is a question.  As long as you don't go overboard, you should be fine.  If you do get hassled, just turn around and try a different line, you might get a more reasonable checker next time.  Just an aside, in general the security people at Bonnaroo (both the professional mounted guards and the regular people working the ground) are very courteous and reasonable.  Their job is to keep the peace, keep you safe, keep glass out of Centeroo and deal with the most egregious violations of the rules/laws.  That being said, there is always the possibility you'll run into a security person who is grumpy after working a long shift in the hot sun or just has something to prove, but that is definitely the exception rather than the rule.

1 comment:

  1. I had to throw out a PB&J sandwich in '08. They told me that my snacks had to be factory sealed as well as my water.

    ReplyDelete